July 23, 2026

Poem: "God Is Not Real"

 
 
Photo taken with Agfa Clack on 120mm film.

 
 

«God Is Not Real»


Your arguments are many

like «war and hate exist»

    so does peace and love

    is that also on your list?


You claim God isn’t real

that «nothing» is my guide

    confidently stating «if he

    was real he wouldn’t hide»


If there is only «nothing»

how embarrassing for me

    who blindly put my faith

    in a God I cannot see


All those hours spent

with the «nothing» in the air

    building inner strength

    by thinking God was there


What a waste of time

all those prayers – all that hope

    if only I knew «nothing»

    I could rather moan and mope


Instead I’ve felt the power

of «God» inside my heart

    while drawing faithful lines

    in my poetry and art

 

You think I’m rather silly

perhaps delusional and dumb

    I pity you for this

    I see your soul - and it is numb