HEAVY SCHOOL BAG (RED)
TUNG SKOLESEKK (RØD)
HEAVY SCHOOL BAG (GREEN)
TUNG SKOLESEKK (GRØNN)
There are many reasons why
children can be unhappy at school.
My first and best school bag
was a red plaid rucksack with
white leather straps.
I have always enjoyed being
alone with myself but that
has always felt like a flaw.
Something wrong that
I should change.
I was wrong
about that.
Being social is not
the meaning of life
for everyone.
To prefer your own company
is not a fault that needs fixing.
Unfortunately it took me many
years to learn this and I am
still making new habits of being
authentic instead of "normal".
School was difficult for me.
I was tired, tense, irritated, sad, confused,
"too quiet" and did not think good thoughts
about myself or anyone around me.
Sitting in that chair, stuck
with people I did not like
(mostly not because of them)
learning things that did not
interest me at all:
My eyes gazed out
through the window
but I was looking
inside of my mind.
Dreaming and
hallucinating
to escape and survive
the boredom of school.